Sunday, 18 September 2016

A Tale of One Gamer...

Well it's been over a week since I started the Tale of One Gamer challenge and we do have some progress...some...

I've spent most of the last week and a half assembling models for my first Ranger unit and my first Onager Dunecrawler. I'm one of those pedantic types who doesn't like to glue all the parts together until I have some basic colour in all those difficult to reach places. This means getting base coats on all the parts before gluing them. It's time-consuming but I have a bit of OCD around knowing there are unpainted parts in the little areas a brush can't reach. Anyway this is how far I am with the Rangers:


It's behind where I might have hoped to be and as such I better hold true on the punishment I set for myself should I fail. After putting the idea to the 40k Facebook group the best idea that came back was to sell off some of the geek possessions I hold dear. The suggestion was to sell off Lego but I don't have enough Lego should I fail every month so I have had to add in a few other things. So numbered from 1 to 5 are the items I will have to sell if I fail a month. If I fail I need to sell the item at the top of the list, and if I succeed for a month I can effectively strike off an item from the bottom of the list knowing that I will be able to keep it. They are:

1 - Star Wars Black Series Figures



2 - Lego Dimensions



3 - Space Hulk



4 - Lego Falling Water
5 - Lego Eco1

So there's the commitment and the plan. The onus is on me now to get these models finished in time. Speaking of which I best get back to painting. Thanks for stopping in for a read and check back later throughout the week for a few more short updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment