Sunday, 4 January 2015

Acknowledging the past and looking forward to the future...

It’s pretty safe to say that my blogging has not been so successful for the second half of the year. 2014 is a year I will remember as the year of too many projects and too many complications. Aside from the goals I set out in my New Year’s Resolutions I also had a property to landscape, commission painting to complete and a lot to do at work with projects due and a transition to a new role. Add to that a decision to move sometime in early 2015 and the preparations required to do so life has just been far too busy and something has had to give.

While I haven’t had much time for blogging I haven’t stopped reading other blogs and have certainly been thinking about what I could add to my own. I decided to hold off until the New Year before updating anything so I could focus on getting some of the other projects out of the way but now we’ve moved into 2015 I thought it a good time to start making a few more entries. So maybe the best place to start is with some people who have inspired me to do so.

Christchurch 40k Escalation League

There has been a buzz in the 40k community in Christchurch over a 40k Escalation League recently. The idea of this event is to bring like minded gamers together and share their painting and gaming experiences as they build and play a new army over a 7 month period. The target for Jan-Feb is to build and paint 500 points and complete at least 2 games.

There are currently 40 members in the Facebook group with a lot of pictures being posted up recently of people's works-in-progress. Here are just a few:







This is just a fraction of the photos that have been posted up on the Facebook group and I'm unable to put into words how inspiring and exciting it has been to see so many people post up their hobby progress in the last couple of months. It's really pushed me to get off my butt and start putting paint to model again. And so work has begun on a Bad Moons Ork army with a squad of Grots about half way complete.



With everything else I have going on in my life right now I'm not sure if I'll be able to meet the 500 points deadline by the end of Feb but none the less I'm really enjoying painting my own models again. We'll see how it goes, and if I manage to stick to it I'll put up a few more posts about the army as it progresses. Hopefully there'll be more to follow soon.

2 comments:

  1. Good post...seems like the downsize and focus on completing things is a bit of a trend at the moment!

    40k escalation league is intriguing...

    Good luck withbavoidung the "look its a duck" syndrome. Badmoon grotz are looking good mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's not working well at the moment. Saw Jamie's post about a Dreadball league...sooooooo tempting...

    ReplyDelete