Friday, 29 June 2012

NYR - More boats for the bath tub

In still trying to keep to the New Year's Resolution theme of finishing projects I decided to get my odd models for Dystopian Wars painted. Months ago, I think around November last year, a friend of mine had bought a few blisters to beef out his Blazing Sun force. But with the strange numbers of models you get in the blister packs he ended up with more models than he needed, so I bought the spares off him and beefed up my fleet as well. The models have been lying dormant ever since so over the last month I have been splashing some paint on them.


Here are my extra Cruiser and three extra Frigates making a total of four Cruisers and twelve Frigates in my force now. I also painted another bomber bringing my total to three for that squad but I've yet to base him so didn't get a photo.

But it doesn't end there! Recently I attended a tournament in Dunedin called Southcon with the intention of drinking beer, playing wargames and catching up with a few good mates. Most people I've played with my Blazing Sun know that by far and wide my favourite model is the Ika mechanical squid yet because of my New Year's Resolution I have avoided buying one. Well one of my mates in Dunedin did an extremely generous thing while I was down there. At the tournament they had a Dystopian Wars stand selling merchandise and completely out of the blue he bought me an Ika for my army! I was totally over the moon! So I would like to say a massive thanks to Ian for being such a generous soul and below are the new additions to my Navy's submersible division.



That's almost it...but not quite...I have one more addition to the Blazing Sun army. Those of you who play Dystopian Wars will know they recently had a rules revision and in accordance with that they released a new rulebook. Spartan games decided to get the release humming with some great discounts and offers through their on-line store. With one of those offers you received a free limited edition model of a mercenary Russian submarine called 'The Black Wolf'. So here is my fully painted Black Wolf (with a little bit of red and brass to tie him in to the rest of the army).


Ok that's all the updates I have for a little while. Currently on my painting desk I am finishing some commission work and painting my Hillbillies for Legends of the Old West. I also have a pile of models to do including my Blood Bowl team, Salamanders Space Marines, Menoth for Warmachine, Dreadfleet models, Dwarfs and a Spider Queen plus her swarms for Lord of the Rings. So I'll crack on with the painting and hopefully it won't be too long until my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome gesture on the squid and it looks really cool! Also a big fan of the sub as well.
    Good to see you're making progress. My Skaven are slowly and surely coming together and I just need to bite the bullet and start on the Clanrats.

    ReplyDelete