Friday, 18 May 2012

Stillwater Stiffs 6-0-1


We're doomed! Doomed I tell you! While I've managed to hold off another player to keep the Spike Trophy for Blood Bowl, tragedy has struck my team. In his vicious, sadistic nature (some say it's revenge for me inflicting 9 casualties on him) my opponent killed Bubba Hotep my team captain! Bubba didn't go down without a fight however, he chalked up two more casualties to reach a grand total of 7 before being helped into an early exit from the league.

My opponent this week was Gill who coaches the Mini Dragons of Dooooooooom. It's a Lizardman team with no less than six Saurus (one of which has strength 5) and a Kroxigor. I really wasn't looking forward to playing these guys and the first 3 turns showed me just how slippery those damn Skinks are as Gill ran circles around me and scored. After that I had possession and I could settle into my regular game plan. A couple of lucky rolls put two Saurus in the injured bin and I was able to start moving the ball done the right wing where they had left a gapping hole. A lot of Zombie shuffling and a few chain blocks to put players into the crowd and the scores were all tied up.

After the first half Gill could only put about six players on the field and I was receiving so I went straight back into hitting him. It was during this half that Bubba was mercilessly beaten by Gill's strength 5 Saurus. I have no idea how the referee could not send him off for such an unscrupulous act of violence, but being the professional I am I got on with the game after an extended protest and loudly voiced complaints to the league commissioner. I managed to walk in another Touchdown but this half was really all about tying up Gill's players and winding down the clock. Gill squeezed a Skink through to attack the ball carrier at one stage and it even looked like he would get his Krox through for a blitz due to my pretty slack defence, but the luck of the dice evaded him in the last few turns and it ended up a 2-1 victory for the Stiffs.

My next game is supposed to be the long awaited top of the table clash. Paul has been out of town quite a bit and it has been difficult to line up a game against him. We're scheduled to play this Sunday so all things going well I'll have another game report by the weekend (I'll even try to remember the camera) and there may even be a trophy exchanging hands. He looks to have a pretty wily team so they'll be hard to pin down and put off the field. On the up side, the game against Gill has given one of my Wights Mighty Blow so with any luck that'll help knock out a few Goblins and Ratmen. I'm looking forward to the game and hopefully I'll have a post up Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment