Sunday, 1 April 2012

Stillwater Stiffs 4-0-1


The Stiffs have chalked up another win for the season and retained the Spike Trophy for a few weeks more. We're approaching somewhere close to completing the first round robin I believe with only three more players to organise games with. Despite my best attempts the only other player in the league to remain undefeated has not agreed to a game with me yet but I will persevere.

This time I played Michael and his Slann team; TKQKKI (don't ask me what that stands for). The score was 4-0 to me in the end and was very one sided throughout most of the match. I was kicking off in the first half and an unfortunate kick left the ball in a very easy position for me to turnover. I scored off this kick and then it seemed like de ja vu as a similar theme played itself out for the second kick. Additionally my Mummies went to town on his Frogs and landed five of them in the Injury dugout. This left the second half a forgone conclusion as Michael could not pull together many players to stem the tide of Undead shambling down the field.

On the bright side Michael did manage to kill one of my Zombies. It was the Norse player I resurrected in my first game against Tim and ironically he was killed by the same Frog that intercepted two passes in Tim's game against Michael and cost Tim the game. It seems there's a bit of enmity between these teams.

One more game lined up for April and there'll likely be no photos for that either. The next one is against Nick and both Nick and Michael are using proxy miniatures so I couldn't see much point in getting photos for this game or the next. I'll be sure to break out the camera once I line up a game with Paul; the other undefeated coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment