Tuesday, 7 February 2012

WarCOW 2012

Warclouds is over for another year and it was a great tournament. I had very little idea what I was doing for most of our games but I really enjoyed them and at the end of it all I've developed an irrepressible urge to start building an Orc army...both for Fantasy and 40k.

But!!!

I made a promise to finish projects and this year I'm determined to keep that promise. So the Orcs will have to wait a little while.

I only got a few pictures of games and they were on my phone so they're not of the highest quality. This was our second game which was against Clinton and Brad who were also playing Vampire Counts and Orcs. This was probably the most visually interesting game that played out as we were both keen to get stuck in to combat. Below is the first turn:



Playing against Undead was extremely interesting. Throughout the tournament I played against Undead twice and I found that Orcs had to really mince them in the first round of combat otherwise they would get dragged down and pulled limb from limb. Here's a photo of the 2nd turn. At least I think it was the 2nd turn...or 3rd...or maybe the 3rd jug...one or the other.


That was about where I stopped taking photos because when we finished the game this happened:


Then on Sunday morning after I had relieved myself of the Steak dinner I had paid $40 for the night previous and stumbled my way into the second day of the tournament I was in no mood for taking pictures. That said, the opponents we faced really made my day. They were fantastic sportspeople and very understanding of my situation. I wish I could say the same for those screaming kids someone brought along.

That's it for now. I've mostly finished the Napoleonic Vostroyans and am putting the finishing touches on the last model in the Salamanders Command Squad so it won't be too long till the next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment