Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Vostroyans - The Next Step

I fired off a few photos before heading into work this morning. They're not great quality as I didn't have time to set up the light tent but I wanted something to give you an idea of where I'm heading next with the Vostroyans. I've dragged a large handful of models out of the box to work on over the next couple of months. There's two reasons for this, the first is that I'm painting squads so I want to organise a small production line painting regime, the second is that I had a visit from one of the organisers of Brute Force (see posts back in November 2011) advising me that they are pushing ahead with the tournament for April so I'm trying to get the Vostroyans painted in time for this. Here's what I've pulled out of the big box'o'Vostroyans:


The three plastic bags at the top are three squads of guardsmen with plasmaguns and heavy bolters. In total I have six squads of guardsmen to paint so this will be a good chunk of my bulk troops painted if I can get them all done by April. The models below the plastic bags are further models for the command squad who I will take a bit more time with. Photos of these guys left to right are below:


This Empire engineer, with a little bit of greenstuffing, will become my Master of Ordnance. He already fits the archaic Russian style of Vostroyans pretty well, my only additions will be changing his leggings into boots and sculpting some gold trim onto his jacket.




This guy is pretty obvious. He's a vox controller. I actually have no desire to use him in game as yet but I love the model so am going to get him painted to at least use as a veteran in the command squad.


Lastly we have a veteran to be added to the command squad. I picked this guy because he has a staunch no-nonsense look about him so I think he will fit in well as the hard-ass sergeant of the command squad.


That's me for now. I'm away in Hanmer for the weekend so I hope to begin cleaning and basing before I head off but we'll see how time goes. In the mean time if I manage to get the light tent set up I'll get some photos of the Man'O'War Sea Monsters and the Vostroyan Conscripts who I have now finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment