Monday, 27 February 2012

Odds and Ends - NYR update and...another project

I took some photos several days ago for this blog and I have been looking through them to see what I have left to post. I've found that I only have the dribs and drabs of works in progress so I thought I'd stick up a couple of pictures to show you what has been happening on my painting desk recently.


These are the last of my Man'O'War ships for my Dwarf fleet. I always find it such a relief when I can see the end of a painting project looming. Like the light at the end of a tunnel. The one already half painted is the Dreadnought which I finished yesterday and the other three are Ironclads who now have their first basecoat of gold on them. I'm hoping to have these guys all wrapped up by the end of the week.

The next photos will need a bit more explaining. With the release of the new Lord of the Rings army books the game has recently taken on a new life amongst some of my friends. I've mentioned previously that one of my goals this year (and the main reason for me focusing on finishing projects) is to get more into gaming with fully painted armies, and it struck me that I wasn't too far off a fully painted Lord of the Rings army with what I currently had. Below are the photos of a 750 point army I believe I could build that requires me to paint only four models.



Here's my army boss - Durburz and the lads. All painted and ready to go. Warband 1 gets the big tick.



Warband 2 requires a little more work. I need to paint the Shaman, the Drum and one of the Drummers.



Warband 3 - Druzhag's lads will require the most work. I have a Troll to paint and I am also left with about 30 points. I'll throw in a couple of goblins for now but I would like to get some more beasts painted of some description.

That's me for another few days. If any of you play Lord of the Rings please leave a comment letting me know what would be a good idea to add to the army. What I have here will do as a starting point but considering the last time I played Lord of the Rings was about five years ago it's safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing. If you've got advice I'm very keen to get painting some different models  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment