Sunday, 1 January 2012

New Years Resolution - The Year of Completion

2011 was a year of great upheaval for most Christchurch residents. With the constant earthquakes we have suffered through a lot of stress, anguish and trauma. It's always easy to see the negatives in these situations and sometimes quite difficult to see the positives, though they are certainly there if you look. As the saying goes "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" and for those of us that have stayed in Christchurch over the past year we have all grown and learned from our experiences.

In relation to modelling the last four months have really shown me what I can get accomplished if I put in a little planning and a little focus. I have painted more in these four months than I have in the past two years and am keen to carry this trend through to 2012. Better yet I hope to build on it. My biggest weakness in modelling would have to be 'completion'; never seeing projects through to their end. I have so many crazy ideas going through my head that I quickly find myself distracted and projects only just begun or half way through find themselves gathering dust at the corner of my desk. This has affected my hobby life in that the only armies I have fully painted to game with are my Salamanders for 40k and my Empire of the Blazing Sun for Dystopian Wars. So this year my desire is to become more involved in the gaming aspect of the hobby which will require me to finish all those projects I have never completed.

The first goal I've put in my sights is to clear my painting desk. Here's a shot of all the 'dust gatherers' I've accumulated that I would like to have finished in the next 3 to 6 months.


I realise 3 to 6 months is a long timeframe to have so few models painted. The reason for this is because I am also going through some serious upheaval in other areas of my life. I've got a lot to do in my professional life as well as re-landscaping our entire property. Add to this some painting commissions and there is very little time left for painting my own models. None the less 2012 has left me feeling optimistic that it will be sooner rather than later. In saying that I best sign out and put this new found optimism to some practical use on models. Keep your eyes open for updates very soon on the first in line to be finished...

The Vostroyan Commander!

No comments:

Post a Comment